Home Page

 Hi, I am Ashwati. Friends call me Ash:) I like to read books and watch sitcoms.

My personal goals that I wish to achieve in CP5070 by the end of the semester are:

  • I want to improve my skills in documenting my work from the weekly lessons in this blog as well as in completing CA's so that I can include the skills learned in my personal portfolio.
  • I want to acquire and improve the knowledge needed for my Capstone project. This includes improving my CAD skills in Fusion 360, learning Arduino programming, and implementing 3D printing.
Needless to say, there is a need for strategies to achieve these goals. Hence, for starters, I will be working diligently on taking important takeaways from each lesson as this will help me to comprehend the lesson in a much simple way. I will also make it a goal of mine to update my blog entry on a weekly basis so that the progress is smooth throughout the semester. In addition, by documenting regularly, I would not miss out on certain key points as well. Furthermore, I will also practice taking necessary pictures, videos, or screenshots as I work. This helps myself and the readers as well to get some detailed information and it is easy to comprehend certain things as learning through visuals is very effective as well. Hence, by doing so, it does not only help me currently with the learning process but also as proof for my portfolio.

In terms of acquiring and mastering the knowledge needed for my Capstone project in the next semester, I will be practicing more on my CAD skills in Fusion 360 by watching guided videos from Youtube and giving it a try myself . I will also get help from my lecturer when I don't quite catch what was being taught. As for learning to program and implementing 3D printing, I will actively take part in class and set aside my time in doing the required practices. Most importantly, I will contribute to my group discussions and also learn from my groupmates as I believe each of us has a different level of understanding in prototyping skills and experimental designs.

I will know that I have accomplished the goal of improving my documenting skills when my blogs are all up to date and I have included visuals as well as a small reflection segment. Furthermore, I will also know that my prototyping skills are good when I participated in my scheduled lessons and practicals actively as well as when I have produced a design through 3D printing for this semester. In addition to that, I will definitely know that I have mastered the skills when I am able to contribute to producing our group's prototype.

Teaming Skills and Tools

Members &Role:

Katrina-Team leader

Ashwati-Scriptwriter

Xinni-Scriptwriter

Junlin-Timekeeper

Team Ground Rules:

  • Everyone should take equal responsibility in completing the tasks
  • Everyone should provide constructive feedback to each other
  • Everyone should practice consistent communication
  • Everyone should be punctual to the group meetings
  • Everyone should be open to helping each other out when needed
  • Perform voting when there are differing opinions provided that those opinions are supported with reliable sources
Agreed timing for F2F/online meeting outside lesson: Wednesdays, 8pm


Reflection: From the discussion of our team ground rules, I understood that in order for a team to grow,  to face up challenges, tackle problems, find solutions, plan work and deliver results, we have to go through 5 important phases which include forming, storming, norming, performing and adjourning. This is a team formation model created by Bruce Tuckman. We realized that our team is currently in the stage between norming and performing where we are normalizing that we are a part of a team and that our viewpoints are accepted by others. We are currently working in a trusting atmosphere and all of us are practicing flexibility. I am mostly glad for the bond that we have built so far and a, hoping to reach the final phase of team formation which is Adjourning by the end of this semester.

Comments